Friday, January 4, 2013

Mami got 'Degree' in breastfeeding!!!

Alhamdulillah..Syukur ya Rabb!! Today I have completed 12 months in bf journey my lovely Haziq. Another 12 months to go to complete the 2 years breasfeeding as recommended in alQuran.

I don't think I can go so far as I'm having a lot of problem in this bf journey. I still remember, I was unable to bf Haziq on the 1st and 2nd day because we were placed separately. I was in the postnatal ward while Haziq in the PICU Paed ward, admitted for the hypoglisemia problem. I can only see & hold him during the visit time in the afternoon and evening. At that time, I tried to bf Haziq severally, but Haziq refused. May be he was full. So, from that time I have to redha and accept the fact that my dream to exclusively bf him for the 1st 6 months has been shattered completely. 

On the 3rd until 5th day after been discharged from the postnatal ward, I stay with Haziq at his ward. My bf journey started at this point actually. During that time, Haziq needs to be fed every 3 hours and the amount of milk was 30ml to 60ml per session as the doctor wants his blood sugar level gradually reach the normal border. Once again I have to set aside my dream to fully bf him as my milk supply was still lower than his demand plus Haziq still did not know how to latch due to my flat nipple. What I did was from time to time I tried to express my milk (at that time called colostrum) using the syringe and Alhamdulillah, I manage to at least gave him a taste of my golden breastmilk.

Haziq still unable to latch perfectly until he reached 2mo. Therefore, during that time, I tried my best to express my breastmilk every 3 hours, but the collected EBM still not enough to cover his demand . Haziq drank 2-3 oz per session, 10-12 time daily, but my EBM collection per session was only 1-1.5oz..ooohhh my God!!!. Can you imagine how should I stick with my principle to fully bf him without topping up with the FM??? I'm not that cruel to my son. So, the best solution is to continue giving him the EBM and when there was lack of supply, I supplemented him with the FM. That's the best way I thought rather than simply denying his right to be breastfed..Isn't it?? 

Alhamdulillah when I backed to work, he suddenly able to latch perfectly and until now, Haziq will get my precious breastmilk directly at home and during my working hour, I  gave him the EBM which I collected in the office.

Haziq, eventhough Mami's milk production is not as rich as others, but Mami will feed you with my golden precious breastmilk as long as I am able to. May Allah let this ease and may He makbul my du'a to extend the bf journey with my lil Haziq until he reaches 2. Amin ya Rabbal 'Alamin



shawqunnur.blogspot.com ®

No comments:

Post a Comment

The owner of the blog will response to your comment shortly. Jazakumullah.